Tuesday, February 2, 2016

2016 is a go

Happy new year everyone!

Lots to say but it is really late and I have just wrapped up a session. I am beginning to port JumpBurger to Android using the Unity Engine. The original iOS game was a collaboration between myself and My friend Dan at Billy Hugs, with me doing overall design/direction and asset creation. He did 100% of the coding within his own framework, and we worked together to iron out and iterate the game design.

This is my first attempt to build an app completely from scratch (not completely first, but for all intents and purposes) and I thought it would be meaningful to document the process here in my blog. As one would. I'll do my best to update in here every few days, as the project progresses.

I am going to use all of the original assets that I built for the iOS game,  and I have some simple notes that he has provided from his coding on that version - but for the most part I will just be eyeballing things to try to match the experience as close as possible, and hopefully to add a couple of features as well (leaderboards and such).

JUMPBURGER ANDROID DEV LOG
FRI JAN 29 2016 - SESSION 01
-1st session
-figured out portrait mode export
-found an acceleration sensor can that can detect motion, 1st export to device successful
-trying to get devices working

@2 hrs

SAT JAN 30 - SESSION 02
-label printing to screen (XY numbers etc)
-clamp accel sensor to X, define warping bounds
-"reset XY to 0" touch sensor
@2hrs

MON FEB 1 - SESSION 03
-get warping bounds implemented properly
-simple jumping anim
-modify "mousepan" code to clamp (so I can drag in editor, to simulate device tilt)
-begin 2D collision & collision by name code between jumping cube & platform prop.
@2.5hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment